Saturday, May 29, 2010

Back in Black



Can you believe it was still raining this past week in San Francisco? And we were approaching June--I was getting a bit worried. Frankly, I would like to tuck my Hunter rainboots in the back of my closet and not see them for a few months. I think it's now safe to say that they won't be making an appearance any time soon. I had been watching the weather, anxiously waiting when the sun would make its debut, and today was the day! I made plans with old coworkers from Macys.com to hang out in Dolores Park in the Mission. We ate ice cream (twice, mind you), munched on our salads, people watched, and tanned for a good five hours. I burnt the back of my legs and am currently lathering them up in lotion as I type this. Ouch.


Dress: J.Crew
Shoes: BCBG
Purse: ChanelAlign Center

After a relaxing afternoon, I went to dinner at Fleming's Steakhouse in Palo Alto with my family to celebrate my brother's birthday. I ate way too much and couldn't breathe in my dress by the end of my meal, but it was worth it. I felt a little overdressed as people were donning t-shirts and jeans, but sometimes, dressing up feels so nice. I got this black J.Crew dress on sale for $70 originally $130. I am usually iffy with a one strap dress, but I found this one to be fairly flattering. You can never go wrong in a LBD.

The rest of my weekend is planned with fun activities which includes dining in the city, good company, and watching the Sex and the City movie. Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails