Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Funday



Well it looked like this today, so my mom and I spent the day trying new recipes that we saw on the Food Network, particularly Giada's show, Everyday Italian. We made a trip to the grocery store to get all our ingredients, and almost died when we saw how much cheese we had to put in this dish. My cholesterol probably just spiked 50 points. But all in all, we spent the afternoon cooking, and it was fun! Here is what we made (brace yourselves, it's a two-parter!):


Giada De Laurentiis: Spicy Baked Macaroni
For the complete recipe, click here


sautéing onions, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil


adding tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and spinach


mix, mix, mix!


adding the pasta, nutmeg, and the endless amounts of cheese


buttered the dish, and added bread crumbs and more cheese as the "base"


scooping it all in the casserole dish..ready for baking!


Final product: delicious!


Trader Joe's Gingerbread Cake and Baking Mix

I decided to try out this Gingerbread Cake and Baking mix that I saw at Trader Joe's. I originally wanted to make cookies, but when I saw the words "dough" and "chill" and "roll it out" I immediately ruled that idea out. The idea of me making dough really scares me, and I know it will ultimately fail. So I opted for the cake. The only ingredients you need are: vegetable oil, one egg, and water..and voilĂ ! It's done! It's pretty good in flavor and texture, and I recommend it if you like gingerbread. My mom isn't a fan of the spiciness of it all, so I think it'll just be me tackling this thing for the next few days. Someone will have to wheelbarrow me out of the house.








Dear Santa, if I give you gingerbread cake, will you give me everything on my wish list? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails