Friday, March 2, 2012

Food Fest

Although my blog is primarily about fashion, I do like to incorporate some food posts here and there. I have never been an avid cook, but ever since we have been on our cleanse (basically the Paleo Diet, but no dairy of any kind, nuts, or sweet potatoes), I have been cooking in order to stick to this 3-week regimen. I used to hate cooking just because recipes called for so many ingredients, but Paleo cooking is so much easier. Not only is it super healthy, but the meals are delicious. Below are some things we have made so far, and if you're interested, click on it to see the recipe.

Verdict: Really delicious. I used nitrate free bacon on top, and although it doesn't look so appetizing, I promise it is!


Verdict: So flavorful and juicy. I put hot sauce and chili flakes for extra flavor. 

Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Verdict: I don't have a recipe. I just made it up, but essentially, it's ground turkey with seasoning, fresh salsa on top, and a cracked egg on top. Then it was placed back into the oven so the egg could cook. 


Verdict: I can't take credit for this one. My boyfriend made it and it was simply delicious. The pork was very tender and moist. Sage was called in the recipe, but we didn't use it. We just used whatever was in the kitchen.


Verdict: Just had this last night, and I didn't follow the measurements for the tomato sauce. I didn't want to waste the 15oz can, so it came out a little bit more soupy than I would have liked, but still good regardless.


And what's on the menu tonight? Taco Veggie Lettuce Cups. Yum. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Fashion and food!! A gal after my own heart...looks so scrumptious! So glad I found your blog honey, great post!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails