Saturday, October 10, 2009

What I Wore Today: Marching to Michael Jackson



Jacket: Vintage
Top and Jeans: Banana Republic
Boots: Target
Sunglasses: Chanel

When I saw pictures of Christophe Decarnin's (designer of Balmain) Michael Jackson inspired marching band jackets on the runways, I couldn't help but love the crystal, sequined, strong shouldered jackets. Since then, I've been obsessing about Balmain. I was browsing online and stumbled across Black Luna Vintage on ebay, where I purchased a vintage marching band jacket from the 80s. I scrunched up the sleeves and wore it with boots to create a more relaxed look. I'm contemplating on sewing black sequins on the strips of the jacket, but am still deciding on how that will turn out. In the meantime, here are my inspirations!





and one of my favorite Janet songs: Rhythm Nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails