Sunday, February 22, 2009

2009 Academy Awards: Worst Dressed

I have been sitting in front of the TV for the past 10 hours (yes, 10 hours straight), watching the Academy Awards and taking notice of what the celebs were wearing. Don't worry, I'll talk about my favorite gowns of the nights, but I thought it would be easier to talk about my picks for the worst dressed first. I'm surprised there weren't that many red carpet disasters, but there were a few that I just didn't like. Here they are in no particular order:


[photo: Fabsugar]
Amanda Seyfried from the movie Mama Mia! in a Valentino gown. I don't think this dress does justice for her body shape and it didn't work for her. The hem is cut out weird, and her shoes don't go with the dress. I think this dress belongs to someone who is older, and I wish she went with a different outfit.


[photo: Fabsugar]
Well, I give it to Beyonce for not wearing any jewelry with this fishtail dress, because that would have made it even worse. I really didn't like it...maybe it was the silhouette of the dress and the gold print, or a combination of both? Beyonce has a beautiful and curvy body, and I don't think this dress flattered her at all. If anything, it made her appear bigger than she really is.


[photo: Fabsugar]
I am so disappointed that Heidi Klum's outfit is on my "worst dressed" list. I love her, and I usually love what she wears, but I don't know what happened! Heidi wore a dress by Roland Mouret and I admit, I like the unique neckline and her stacked bracelets, but that's about it. Her red shoes were too "matchy matchy" for me, and I think the dramatic slit killed the outfit.


[photo: Fabsugar]
Oh Sophia Loren...she is so beautiful and elegant, but I have to mention her tan. She looks like Valentino--orange! It looks really leathery and unhealthy (it was really obvious on the television)! I don't like the color of her Armani dress, it didn't match her skin tone, and I wish she stuck to darker colors. I didn't like how there were puffy sleeves and arm sleeves--yes, there were two different types of sleeves on the dress.


[photo: Fabsugar]
I am really iffy on this Zuhair Murad dress on Miley Cyrus. I loved the detailing of the dress--it looks really intricate, but I think it is borderline too much. The dress itself is beautiful, but I wish there was less beading, etc on the petals of the dress. Miley's hair and makeup is good (youthful and age appropriate), but that was my only complaint about the dress--to have less beading on the petals. I know it's not enough to be "worst dressed" but it wasn't my favorite and I had to talk about it!


[photo: Fabsugar]
I don't know why a lot of people have commended Tilda Swinton for being "fashion forward" because every award show that I've seen her in, she fails to impress me. Both her top and bottom are Lanvin, and although I loved her top and bottom separately, I wouldn't put them together. Her blouse has that beautiful draping effect and the skirt is adorned with beautiful ruffles, but when styled together, it's lost in translation for me. I can't stand her hair color--it matches her top too much, and I wish her hair was a dark brown. She's already pale, and having that hair color really washes her out and makes her look tired.


[photo: Fabsugar]
Although I'm a fan of Prada, I'm not a fan of Jessica Biel in this Prada dress. I think her makeup and earrings were appropriate, but when I saw her hair on tv, I honestly thought that the wind must have put her hair out of place. It was messy, and it looked like she literally rolled out of bed. The dress didn't do anything to her body, but made it look bulky. She had no shape whatsoever and this look didn't work for her.

[photo: Getty Images]
Whoopi Goldberg has never really been the type to care about her wardrobe, and it definitely is reflected here. It's a full length animal print dress with long sleeves. Need I say more?

3 comments:

  1. Whoopi should take a cue from Queen Latifah - that bigger women can look fabulous and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure who Miley hired as her stylist but she/he has GOT to go. Being so young, she should have gone with something "fresh/simple" this gown was too ornate for a young girl.

    And Jessica Biel...what was she thinking wrapping the entire spool of fabric around her like that...she has a great body and that made her look like she was wrapped up in a cacoon! I hope Justin didn't "ok" that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails