Wednesday, February 18, 2009

NY Fashion Week 2009: Derek Lam

Although I have only known about Derek Lam in the last couple years, he has easily become a favorite of mine. I went to a vintage store last year in New York and stumbled upon a beautiful navy Derek Lam dress. Even though it was two sizes too big, I tried it on anyway because I've always wanted to wear his clothes! I really appreciate the simplicity in his clothes, yet, he manages to make a woman look effortlessly beautiful. I recently viewed his 2009 Fall collection, and it does not disappoint. Overall, Lam stuck with paler colors such as soft pinks, nudes, grays, and whites and incorporated details such as ruching all throughout his collection. Like the other designers, Lam utilized belts to emphasize the waist and to create a beautiful silhouette. Below are some of my favorite pieces, but you can view his entire fall 2009 collection here.

What do you think? Love it? Hate it? or Undecided? Comment below!


PICTURES BY GETTY IMAGES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails