Friday, February 13, 2009

New York Fashion Week has Arrived!


New York Fashion Week kicks off today! I am so excited to see what designers are going to show, especially Michael Kors, Zac Posen, Project Runway winner Christian Siriano, Phillip Lim, DVF, and of course, my all time fav-Ralph Lauren! Also, I'm interested in seeing the Barbie runway show. Yes, Barbie will grace the runway! 50 designers created life-sized outfits inspired by Barbie, and get this-Christian Louboutin will be designing pumps in Barbie's favorite shade of pink to be worn with each of his outfits! How exciting!

Designers are showcasing their lines for Fall 2009. Just in case some of you don't know, New York fashion week happens twice a year-once in February and another time in September. Fashion week always happens 6 months ahead of the season. So, when fashion week happens in February, designers are showing their lines for fall. Similarly, when fashion week happens in September, they are showing their designs for Spring of the next year. I hope that makes sense! For those who are curious, I have included the entire schedule for Mercedes Benz Fashion Week here. That way, you can follow your favorite designers! Over the next few days, I will feature the shows and popular trends that are forecasted for fall, so stay tuned!


Christian Louboutin

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the Paris Couture shows in January! BTW, yeah, I'm excited that you started your blog! I'm a subscriber!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

xoxo,
Victoria

Related Posts with Thumbnails